The Denham Strong Housing Team coordinates and facilitates the delivery of Federal resources to implement housing solutions that effectively support the needs of the whole community and contribute to its sustainability and resilience. Housing is a critical and often challenging component of disaster recovery, but must be adequate, affordable, and accessible to make a difference for the whole community.
Coordinating Partner Agency: Department of Housing and Urban Development
Primary Partner Agencies: Department of Agriculture; Department of Justice; Department of Housing and Urban Development; Federal Emergency Management Agency Supporting Organizations: American Red Cross; Corporation for National and Community Service; Department of Commerce; Department of Energy; Department of Health and Human Services; Department of Veterans Affairs; Environmental Protection Agency; General Services Administration; National Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster; Small Business Administration; U.S. Access Board
- Identify Strategies to Strengthen the Housing Market
- Meet the Need for Quality Affordable Rental Homes
- Utilize Housing as a Platform for Improving Quality of Life
- Build Inclusive and Sustainable Communities
- Integrate Disaster Mitigation Measures into Community Design and Development to Improve Disaster Resilience