The community identified the need for activities for youth and child care programs. Increasing services to the youth includes:
- Junior Achievement (teaches youth about business practice)
- Technical and vocational training
- Work experience programs targeted to high school-aged youth
- Provide interim space for a Boys and Girls Club in schools or libaries
- Attract youth activities and entertainment such as bowling, laser tag, skating rinks, etc.
The desired outcome for the community is to develop a healthier, happier, and more socially inclusive youth population. Ensure that all children have safe environments and activities to participate in.
Possible Funding Sources, Technical Assistance, and Partners:
- Tony Hawk Foundation
Estimated Timeline: Long term (3+ years)
Estimated Cost: Moderate to High (>$100K-$1 million)